In our ongoing mission to be the best, most sparkly versions of ourselves, we’re looking for inspiration wherever we can get it.
We want to read books that drive us to be healthy and more creative. We want to hang out with people who are upbeat and motivated. We want to watch movies and shows that get our wheels turning to do cool stuff. And we want to listen to high-quality content, too!
If you haven’t gotten the memo yet, podcasts are where it’s at. There’s a whole world of amazing, original shows out there waiting to be listened to and ready to help you glow. Keep scrolling to read more about a few of our favorites.
1. Girlboss Radio: Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last few years, you’ve probably heard the phrase “Girlboss” — or maybe the hashtagged #GirlBoss — thrown around, like, a lot. Meet Sophia Amoruso, the OG Girlboss. She wrote the book Girlboss about her experience launching online shopping hub Nasty Gal and inspired a Netflix show of the same name. And now she hosts Girlboss Radio, a podcast that features a different “boundary-pushing” woman on each episode. Tune in to get inspired by the likes of Rebecca Minkoff, Brooklyn Decker, Nikki Bella, and so many more.
2. How It Is: If Reese Witherspoon is attached to something, you can pretty much go ahead and sign. us. up. Enter the How It is podcast, brought to you by Reese’s very own Hello Sunshine media brand. Guests share their personal journeys and stories, and their lessons learned will motivate you to glow brighter than ever .
3. Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations: If you prefer motivation of the Oprah variety, we’ve got your back. Our queen’s Super Soul Conversations podcast gives you all the good vibes of every, last thing she touches. Oprah welcomes her famous friends from all walks of life for candid conversations about what they’ve accomplished, where they’ve failed, and what advice they would give to others. Who better to take your guidance from than Team Oprah?
4. The Goal Digger Podcast: Jenna Kutcher is a self-made millionaire and inspiring Instagram personality whose Goal Digger podcast brings the perfect blend of professional inspo and personal food for thought. With two new episodes per week, you’ll be sure to find topics that interest you when you become a regular listener.
5. Happier with Gretchen Rubin: If there’s a bona fide expert on all things happiness, it’s gotta be Gretchen Rubin, the bestselling author of The Happiness Project and Better Than Before. She’s brought her passion for happiness to a podcast, serving up practical tips for maintaining positive vibes and good habits.
6. Call Your Girlfriend: Are your friends your biggest inspiration? We feel the same at OBB, and we love playing fly on the wall to other meaningful friendships, which is why we love listening to Call Your Girlfriend. Every week on the show, long distance besties Ann and Aminatou share their catch-up calls with the podcast-listening world.
7. The School of Greatness: Former pro athlete and bestselling author Lewis Howes has been the inspiration for countless personal development pros and podcasters. Get back to basics by tuning in to his show, The School of Greatness. His goal is to “find out what makes the great people great and how to apply those lessons to your life.” We’re in!
Featured image: juan pablo rodriguez/Unsplash